Eli’s National Cheesecake Week Celebration, July 25-30, 2013
Thursday, July 25th: Farmer’s Market & Fun
- Farmer’s Market, 7am-1pm – fresh produce, handmade crafts & more
- Free Social Media Breakfast Meet-up – Ready, Set, Decorate! Calling all bloggers, Tweeter, Facebook friends, Instagrammers and Pinners. Divide into teams and decorate an Eli’s Cheesecake. Prizes for winning cakes! Meet the Eli’s Social Media team. Enjoy complimentary continental breakfast. Reservations required,.call 773-308-7000. Starts 8am.
- Enjoy a free slice of cheesecake (one slice per person) from 8am – 6pm
- Free snow cones and meet & greet with State Representative Robert Martwick, 9am-11am
- Live performance by nationally acclaimed Redmoon Theater, 11am
- Al Fresco Grilled lunch, 11am-1pm
- Free lecture given by Dana Benigno, Executive Director of Green City Market, 1pm
- Free hearing tests courtesy of the Lions Club
- Facebook photo caption contest daily through July 30 facebook.com/elischeesecake
- Twitter free cheesecake drawing daily through July 30 twitter.com/elischeesecake
- Mail order four hour lunch specials
Friday, July 26th: Music on the Patio, 4pm – 6pm
- Gene Hartman – Solo Acoustic Entertainment and a FREE Cheesecake Buffet
- Mail order four hour lunch specials
Saturday, July 27th: Grilled lunch for sale on the Patio, 11am -1pm
- FREE Cheesecake Samples and a Live DJ
Sunday, July 28th: Classic Car Show, 10am – 3pm
- Grilled lunch for sale, 11am– 1pm
- Entertainment by The Happiness Club 1pm-2pm
Monday, July 29th: Customer Appreciation Day, 10pm – 4pm
- Free cheesecake samples and an extra 10% off your entire whole cake purchase! (in-store only)
- Cheesecake games for the whole family – cheesecake bingo, cheesecake hoola hoop, and a cheesecake cake walk
- Special Offer on 9” Cheesecakes for mail order at shop.elicheesecake.com
Tuesday, July 30th: National Cheesecake Day!
- Enjoy free cheesecake sample every hour in our café
- The Cheesecake Mobile will be out on the street giving away FREE cheesecake slices around Chicagoland! Follow us on Twitter @ElisCheesecake or #ElisMobile to find out where the Cheesecake Mobile will be throughout the day
- Special Offer on 9” Cheesecakes for mail order at shop.elicheesecake.com until 11am
- Free cheesecake at O’Hare Terminal 1 between gates B and C from 11am-2pm
Mrs. Judd’s Games partners with Eli’s Cheesecake Co. to launch “Space Cakes” App
Groundbreaking partnership ensures game is available for free to children worldwide
CHICAGO: Mrs. Judd’s Games is thrilled to announce the release of its 11th educational app, Space Cakes – Kids Bakery Game with Math and Numbers, and an exciting new partnership with the world famous, and Chicago-based, Eli’s Cheesecake Co. Space Cakes takes kids across the galaxy to a faraway stellar space bakery, as it seeks to ignite their passion for 3D geometry, number play, and fun with math. The upfront partnership with Eli’s marks a breakthrough in the early education app developer’s model, making it possible to offer families and classrooms top-rated educational games 100% free, as well as to focus on the creation of unique, educational, and fun mobile game experiences instead of monetization strategies.
The Space Cakes bakery is filled with alien ingredients, fantastic frosting, and an array of space toppers from across the galaxy. After children create unique treats using an awareness of counting, numbers, and geometry, they prepare for take-off and steer their cake delivery spaceship back to Earth. Space Cakes also incorporates Mrs. Judd’s Games groundbreaking Juddly™ sharing network, enabling kids to safely deliver in-game creations right to the inboxes of their parents and teachers back on earth.
This marks Eli’s first foray into the world of educational app development. According to Eli’s
president, Marc Schulman, a long time supporter of education through the company’s involvement with the Chicago High School for Agricultural Sciences, Wright College, and the College of Agriculture, at the University of Illinois, “This was a perfect way to integrate our brand into the world of education. Both Eli’s and Mrs. Judd’s Games appreciate and understand the importance of introducing the common core curriculum to children at a young age, as well as the role food plays as a center of community. Space Cakes is the right vehicle to educate and promote family connections by keeping parents in the loop.”
Eli’s will debut the new app at the National Restaurant Association Show: Eli’s Cheesecake Booth #1425 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, May 18-21. Show attendees will be able to play “Space Cakes” on a big screen and enter for a chance to win a real Eli’s Space Cake, shipped anywhere in the continental US. Click here to order your own real-life Space Cake from Eli’s!
Mrs. Judd’s Games apps are free on the iTunes App Store and are ideal for children ages 4 through 8.
For: The Eli’s Cheesecake Company Contact: Maureen Schulman
6701 West Forest Preserve Drive email@example.com
Chicago, IL 60634 773-908-6425
Chicago Bakers Busy as Bees Helping Students Get College Scholarships
Eli’s Cheesecake Supports Chicago Students with a Honey of a Cake
Bees are working round the clock on the South side of Chicago so that student beekeepers from the Chicago High School of Agricultural Sciences (CHSAS) can harvest enough honey to supply The Eli’s Cheesecake Company of Chicago with the key ingredient used to produce Eli’s new holiday dessert …Wildflower Honey Cheesecake. According to Marc Schulman, Eli’s President, “It’s a win win because by purchasing the honey from CHSAS, we not only support the school financially, but give students the opportunity to participate in many aspects of the food industry.” CHSAS senior Charlie Herrera agrees, “As a food science major, I like the fact that our teachers incorporate real business situations into the classroom…like the honey project.” Students are involved in every step of the process, from harvesting to preparing and bottling to delivery of the wildflower honey to Eli’s bakery located on Chicago’s Northwest Side.
All proceeds from purchasing the honey as well as a portion of the proceeds from Wildflower Honey Cheesecake sales go the CHSAS’s college scholarship fund for deserving seniors.
Click here to see a video on how we make this honey of a gift!
In addition to Wildflower Honey, Eli’s Cheesecake makes a delicious array of holiday cheesecakes, perfect for gift giving. Each cheesecake is shipped frozen in a festive gift box which is placed in a custom Styrofoam container on dry ice so the cheesecake arrives picture perfect. Holiday flavors include Hot Chocolate Salted Caramel, Cinnamon Roll Streusel, Pumpkin, Red Velvet, holiday samplers and gift towers. Also perfect for Hanukkah – certified Kosher!