Are you a disciplined self-starter? In search of a challenging new Career path within our growing food industry? Share your in depth work experiences and all your special skills and accomplishments and let us know your aspirations.
Then give The Eli’s Cheesecake Company a try! The Eli’s Cheesecake Company is a growing company and is looking for bright energetic individuals to join our team. If you would like to be a part of the Eli’s family, then send us your resume. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we will not be able to respond to all inquiries. If you are not contacted your resume will be held for future reference.
Eli’s is an equal opportunity employer. Drug Free/Smoke Free Work Environment. Pre-employment drug screening required.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: Café & Culinary Manager
Eli’s Cheesecake, Chicago’s most famous dessert, is proudly baking on the northwest side of Chicago by skilled artisans. A very special part of the Bakery is the Eli’s Cheesecake Bakery Café, open to the public and Eli’s Associates 7 days a week, and serving the biggest selection of Eli’s Cheesecake anywhere, specialty baked goods available only at the Café, a foodservice program for breakfast and lunch, catering, special events and tourism. Looking for creative individual who has a strong work ethic, is creative and enjoys a fast pace environment. As a Café & Culinary Manager, you will be given the opportunity to be an important part of the Eli’s team. Through collaboration with Eli’s team members, The Café & Culinary Manager will be responsible for the functions of the retail store including operations, scheduling, customer experience, financial performance, team development and tourism/special events.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Determines marketing strategy changes by reviewing operating and financial statements and departmental sales records.
- Formulates pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
- Collaborates interdepartmentally to surpass customer’s expectations
Planning and Execution
- Schedules weekly strategy meetings with team members to review goals and expectations. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations.
- Maintains store staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Keeps Inventory of all packaging goods
- Places orders daily/weekly to assure all menu items are fresh
- Merchandises seasonal products
- Displays a “customer comes first” approach by training and mentoring associates to deliver an excellent customer service experience.
- Plans, identifies and communicates appropriate responsibilities and practices to team members.
- Customer Focus, Pricing, Market Knowledge, Staffing, Results Driven, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, POS Register, Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Access database
Knowledge of food safety
- Food Sanitation Manager License
- Progressively responsible retail food experience (3 years)
- Supervision (1 year)
- Experience analyzing financial reports
There are 3 ways to apply:
1. Fax your resume to: (773) 499-7085
2. Mail your resume to:
The Eli’s Cheesecake Company, ATTN: Human Resources
6701 W. Forest Preserve Drive
Chicago, IL 60634